using credit card for another person

Sandra29 Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Allowed? Possibly, probably not. The payment info is used to kinda verify that you are who you say you are. I doubt it would extend to identify fraud, but I can't imagine LL wants different people sharing payment info.

Besides, it's absolutely not a smart thing to do. It's very easy to take advantage of that. Even if you know them IRL, anything can happen. And when an account gets banned, usually all related accounts (such as shared payment info) are also banned.

I would suggest just buying the lindens and then giving them to your friend, but I feel like they want the "payment info on file" status and the benefits that come with it.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sandra29 Nitely said:

Hi,  i wanna help a friend who has no credit card, is it allowed to use my credit card also for my friend?

Not likely to be able to have your card "on file" as their payment info.  You could use your card to gift them a membership subscription, but your card still won't stay on file for that.  If you are just wanting them to be able to buy L$, you can buy them and give them to your friend -- though there is might be some amount that might trigger LL to do a possible fraud investigation.  Not sure on that though, since I buy huge amounts of L$ via my account but then give most of them to my banking alt to hold on to.  Both accounts have the same payment info though -- I just typically use this account for the buying.

I'd probably call LL Billing to get the specifics of what might be allowed.  

Billing support phone numbers
    Toll-Free (US/Canada): 800.294.1067
    Long-Distance: 703.286.6277  
Our Billing team is available from 9am to 5pm EST(6am to 2pm PST), Monday through Friday.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131008-billing-support

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 268 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.