Temp Attachment Shadow on leaving sim - is there a fix?

Gunwald Constantine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

using llAttachToAvatarTemp to attach a item, but when someone leaves the sim, the item is deleted, but is not correctly cleaned from screen or avatar. is there any known fix  to correctly dispose of the temp item? or is only way not to use and make own attach with script that deletes when on different  sim?

Yeah this has been an annoying bug for years. AFAIK only the person wearing the object sees it erroneously attached, and has no recourse to detach it other than re-logging.

a script to delete an attachment when moving to another region is fairly trivial, and could be added in addition to other scripts:

{  attach(key ID)
   {   llRequestPermissions(ID,PERMISISON_ATTACH);
   }
   changed(integer c)
   {   if(c&CHANGED_REGION)
       {   llDetachFromAvatar();
       }
   }
}

or so.

Yes, very. kinda makes tempattach and experience very hard to use.  Yeh, something like that is what I planned but come to realize its not going to work unless I turn experience off.

Bug I assume is a firestorm client bug over server.  well maybe both.  Item gets removed mid transfer and client never knows to remove.

"If attached via a Land Scope Experience script, the object will be forced detached by the server if the owner enters a parcel that does not have the Experience allowed."

Going to try just hop from parcel on same sim and see if have same issue.

Plus just now as i was reading that. Realize "via a Land Scope Experience script" so I guess, i can still use experience  in a script in object just not the attacher, will test and post.

EDIT: testing went bad. i could not get to leave a shadow either  way lol

Edited by Gunwald Constantine

😛 well. I think it seems it depends on how laggy sim is. lagger better. means it don't get fully deleted server before loaded av. 

Also noticed say you tp and temp object is deleted you can touch to make vanish, but if you tp away again to somewhere else touch thing don't work. but, you can  tp back and touch and will work still.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gunwald Constantine said:

not worked out best solution to this, if there is even one

Do temp attachments usually show up in llGetAttachedList()? If so, might be interesting to check if temp attachments that are "stuck" show up. If they don't (which is what I expect) it's probably a viewer bug. If it's a viewer bug, maybe some TPV (e.g. firestorm) could implement a 'check that all my temp attachments are valid' function to manually clear the stuck attachments.

They do not. (edit) opps i mean do not show when 'shadow' but shows item before.

So far.

1. Happens more often when tping to empty non laggy sim.

2. You can only remove the 'shadow' by clicking item on original sim that it was removed on, even if tp away. and back again.

3. if don't head to first sim you left to , only way is a relog.

4. item shows in llGetAttachedList , but does not show in llGetAttachedList while 'shadow' is there.

5. (edit add) it shows up in new improve graphic speed attachment list. but same as above the X button to remove only works on sim it should've been removed on.

It does seem like viewer bug but i have no idea where i would contact anyone.

Edited by Gunwald Constantine

13 hours ago, Gunwald Constantine said:

It does seem like viewer bug but i have no idea where i would contact anyone.

https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa for the official SL viewer, look in the help menu (top bar) of your viewer of choice, firestorm for example: https://jira.firestormviewer.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Yes this issue is particularly annoying. In my sim we issue some rlv restrictions from our HUD so not only does the Hud get stuck on the screen but so do the restrictions when leaving the sim.

We have a 'workaround' in my sim which is that I added a 'safe exit' button to my Hud that causes the Hud to detach and another script in the region to teleport the user home after detach from which they can then continue their journey, but it is very clunky user experience and shouldn't really be necessary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 226 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.