[Suggestion] "In case of death" option

InnerCity Elf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

(Not sure where to post this, please feel free to move it if there's a better category.)

For accounts like an SL one, having an option that lets you choose if you want your account to be deleted, if you haven't logged in within a specified amount of time, would be good. (just as an option, not mandatory, people who wouldn't like "having to log in every x months" wouldn't need to activate it)

That is, as far as possible, a little something has to remain, because account names are unique, but logs, notecards, inventory "stuff", outfits, etc., would get automatically deleted, and the profile could show something like "account deleted, as wished by the user, after they did not log in for over a year". 

That should include some automated reminder messages "hi, you have this option active, make sure to log in before...", and maybe, if wanted, specifying one additional email this would be sent to, not just to your account's email.

Different options for the timeframe for different user cases, like 3, 6, 12 months, might also be nice.

I don't know how difficult or not all this is to implement, and how much longer the terms of service document would need to be 😵‍💫, but while a "modular option" with different things to choose, from number of months to what should/shouldn't be deleted, would be nice to have, even a very basic option would be better than no option. 🙂

A major mail provider that I use provides a similar option since a while, which I have active and appreciate, and would also use if SL offered it.

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.