Drinking and Eating Animations

Kathlen Onyx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the things I love about Second Life is the roleplaying of sitting down for a meal or having a drink on the beach.

Most drinking and eating animations show your glass going into your eye or your fork going in your ear.  If I am going to buy a piece of furniture that has these animations I always demo them and 90% I'm disappointed.  The object is great but if the animations are not the item is useless to me.  Many of these objects are expensive yet the main draw is the animations. 

Ironically, the one creator who sells their things at $L50 and $L99 always has spot on animations.  What are they doing that others are not or am I just lucky and my avatar fits this creators animations perfectly?

Is there anything you can do to adjust an eating or drinking animation in an object after you have purchased it.  I suspect not and also want to point out I know nothing about how to do animations so it may be very hard to create these, I don't know.

Any tips or tricks?

15 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Ironically, the one creator who sells their things at $L50 and $L99 always has spot on animations.  What are they doing that others are not or am I just lucky and my avatar fits this creators animations perfectly?

You're just (un/)lucky with your avatar's proportions vs the ones used to create the animation. 🙂 (Excluding animations that weren't made with precise alignment to begin with!)

There's been some threads talking about these issues, this one comes to mind:
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/496509-why-cant-couple-animations-take-at-least-some-differences-among-avatars-into-account

In short, there's not really much we can do about it until LL grants us the tools for it.

3 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You're just (un/)lucky with your avatar's proportions vs the ones used to create the animation. 🙂 (Excluding animations that weren't made with precise alignment to begin with!)

There's been some threads talking about these issues, this one comes to mind:
https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/496509-why-cant-couple-animations-take-at-least-some-differences-among-avatars-into-account

In short, there's not really much we can do about it until LL grants us the tools for it.

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I figured not. I guess I am lucky in the fact that the cheaper creator has the best animations for me. Their stuff is just a bit high prim but very well made.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.