Can't upload mesh to sl from blender

PearlTingz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello , im having issues uploading my mesh to sl i get this error message when uploading it into sl.

LOD3 Negative scale detected, unsupported transform. domInstance_geometry: Torus.001
LOD3 Negative scale detected, unsupported post-normalization transform. domInstance_geometry: Torus.001
LOD3 Scene could not be parsed

the torus has an array modifier that i applied.

fde3524c2dc7c34276fec5ef4fed6b7d.png

The error message is saying that your LOD3 (High LoD) model has a negative X Y or Z scale value so you probably just need to fix that by Applying the scale in object mode. Ctrl A > Scale.

See my answer in this pervious thread if you need more details :)

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 1

First of all make sure that is all ONE mesh and not a linkset. Secondly try uploading without your own LODs and see what happens. Assuming that is a piece of jewelry  you should be able to upload it with fairly high LODs.

That being said there is no reason to use a torus AND a modifier on something THIS SMALL.  You likely have way too many triangles.

Also to keep the LODs good many jewelry creators add some transparent geometry (a new material) so that the object is larger than it looks. 

But Aquila replied before I did I see so her answer is likely better LOL.  

I have no problem with that :D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aquila Kytori said:

The error message is saying that your LOD3 (High LoD) model has a negative  value in the X Y or Z so you probably just need to fix that by Applying the scale in object mode. Ctrl A > Scale.

See my answer in this pervious thread if you need more details :)

i tried this to no avail

20 minutes ago, PearlTingz said:

i tried this to no avail

Hmmm ?

Not sure what else it could be.

Your model is one object in Blender ?

When exporting as Collada from Blender, are you using the  sl+opensim static presets ?

You could maybe find which part of the model is causing the problem by elimination, uploading the heart by itself, and or  then uploading only the chain, single link  etc etc .

Edited by Aquila Kytori

41 minutes ago, Aquila Kytori said:

Hmmm ?

Not sure what else it could be.

Your model is one object in Blender ?

When exporting as Collada from Blender, are you using the  sl+opensim static presets ?

You could maybe find which part of the model is causing the problem by elimination, uploading the heart by itself, and or  then uploading only the chain, single link  etc etc .

the problem is the chainlink itself. i did use the sl+opensim static option aswell. i cannot join my objects together for some reason in blender either

25 minutes ago, PearlTingz said:

i cannot join my objects together for some reason in blender either

The "chainlink" is an actual mesh object and not a curve of some sort ?

If you would like me to take a look at your mesh and do a test upload you can send me a link to your .blend file here in DM's.

Edited by Aquila Kytori

24 minutes ago, Aquila Kytori said:

The "chainlink" is an actual mesh object and not a curve of some sort ?

If you would like me to take a look at your mesh and do a test upload you can send me a link to your .blend file here in DM's.

i sent it to you :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.