Issues getting "logged out of SL" as I am teleporting.

Sasha Armastus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wasn't having many problems before when I teleported to a different area but now it seems like every other time I get "logged out of SL", how do I fix it? Plus, I get logged out when I am just standing and talking to others. 

I've tried to research the issue, but I just got lost with all the other information. 

It's been really frustrating. 

How can I fix it? 

TIA

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

My best guess is that you have a connection problem.  Your Internet connection may be just fine for routine use(games, YouTube videos ..) but isn't reliable enough for the continuous back-and-forth exchange of data that SL requires.  When you teleport, your avatar data is being transferred from one server to another, so there's a higher probability of losing some of it if your connection is flaky.

I suggest, as a starter, rebooting both your router and your modem and then restarting everything.  If that isn't enough and you are on wifi, put your machine closer to the router.  If it's in another room, or has electrical equipment between it and the router, you may be losing signal strength or corrupting data.

Edited by Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 311 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.