New to maya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello ,

I usualy use jass magic ( blender ) to sculpt but i have herd maya gives better results

so i downloaded it .

Is there any good starters guides , tutorials , pluggin required  ?

Anything would be helpful really , i dint find any youtube videos maybe 2 or 3 but they arent really clear .

Thank you for your time

Alexandra Barcelos

Heya,

Not sure how it goes with the other versions of Maya (I got v2011) but when you open it for the first time a menu pops up with a link to useful tutorials. These can be found here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?linkID=9242256&id=9502844&siteID=123112

It will take a while to go through it all but I strongly recommend you to read, and actually do, it all to learn the basics. It is not SL-related but it will give you a good understanding of the basics and a glimp of what's possible. G'luck and prepare to be amazed every time you learn a little bit more about Maya :P

And don't be scared by "Maya has such a high learning curve!" If you use tuts to cover each part of the program and spent a decent amount of time in it, you will notice that figuring out Maya is not that hard. Finding out the right approach to do whatever it is you want, can be confusing just because there are 12958812957 ways of doing it most likely.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.