Edit permissions on furniture and objects are not working for a group member

VixFoxetta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks so much everyone. I have a few questions.  How do you make sure the parcel group is active?  

And if I changed the item's properties, wouldn't I need to do that to all items on my property?

The other people in my group are able to move items, so is it safe to assume it's probably settings on my husband's end?

1 hour ago, VixFoxetta said:

Thanks so much everyone. I have a few questions.  How do you make sure the parcel group is active?  

And if I changed the item's properties, wouldn't I need to do that to all items on my property?

The other people in my group are able to move items, so is it safe to assume it's probably settings on my husband's end?

Inworld, when you're at your parcel, go to About Land > General. Below the line for Owner you'll see Group. If there's no group or the wrong group showing, click the Set button and select the correct group name.

Yes, if you choose to allow group members to move items by changing the item's properties, you'd need to change each item individually. (Whenever I place objects on any of my parcels, I set them to Group and Share at that time; it *would* be a pain to have to do that retroactively.)

I'd assume that the problem lies with your husband's active group setting when he's on your parcel. However, if the correct group *is* showing for him (Comm> Groups) and he still can't move an object owned by you, check to make sure that that particular object: 1)  isn't set to another group (easy to do on your own parcel if you'd rezzed the object after you'd recently added or activated a different group yourself); 2) also check that that particular object isn't Locked (Edit > Object > check box for Locked underneath). Let us know what happens!

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.