Friends list issue showing people offline when logging in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there,

I had an issue with my friends appearing offline , so i tried fixing it myself , i deleted my cache , went to a lag free sim , relogged and there ya go my friends we're back online.

How ever , this issue has to be a fixable one by linden labs?

Was trying to find out if there is any push on this issue , since i am not the only one having this issue.

Looking foward to some replies.

Best regards

The Server version recently promoted to the whole of the RC Channel:

https://releasenotes.secondlife.com/simulator/2023-04-21.579747.html

is only one of a raft of changes that LL intends to correct the issue with the status on avatars being incorrectly relayed to accounts as they log in.

They appear to have corrected the bug whereby all online friends are flagged as offline if a friendship offer is accepted.

It is a very partial solution to the overall issue of "agent presence" as they like to term the data.

Qie Niangao quotes Rider Linden at the last  Server User Group:

"[2023/05/02 12:04]  Rider Linden: So.  Kicking things off in Simulator news.  Today we just bounced the main channel, so nothing has changed there.
[2023/05/02 12:06]  Rider Linden: Tomorrow morning we're going to be expanding the new simulator to the rest of the RC channels.  We'd hoped some of the changes there would have helped with the online friends issues, but it would seem that there are still some issues there.

[The perennial interminable interchange about troublesome teleports and region crossing ensues, interminably.]"

Edited by Aishagain
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.