mesh loading issues

Namuri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Staff,
I have a problem that I don't understand if it depends on my Firestorm viewer, updated of course.
I explain to you,
I work on Blender, always updated, then I export the .dae file and import it to Second Life. But when I go to change to Edit Mode>Features>Physic Shape Type, I get only "Convex Hull" and "None", there is no "Prim".

Actually I've had this problem for some time, basically I can't build anymore. I updated Blender yesterday, but the problem persists.

https://i.gyazo.com/bbfb17598bbbb7690ab4559b732d1568.png

Would you have any advice?
Maybe i need some plugin?

Best Regards

If you didn't instruct the SL mesh uploader to use a specific physics model, either a custom model you made in Blender or one of the options in the Physic panel > Step 1: > Choose one...  drop-down menu then you will not have the Prim option, only Convex Hull or None.  see screenshot below :

Physicspanel-min.thumb.png.c7f337207d9ad8fc9e0f6fef4140c72f.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Aquila Kytori said:

If you didn't instruct the SL mesh uploader to use a specific physics model, either a custom model you made in Blender or one of the options in the Physic panel > Step 1: > Choose one...  drop-down menu then you will not have the Prim option, only Convex Hull or None.  see screenshot below :

Physicspanel-min.thumb.png.c7f337207d9ad8fc9e0f6fef4140c72f.png

Thank you so much Aquila, i solved trying "medium". With "from file" i get the usual problem.

Anyway, thanks from my heart!

2 hours ago, Namuri said:

Thank you so much Aquila, i solved trying "medium". With "from file" i get the usual problem.

It might solve the problem, but the Medium LOD is basically guaranteed to be far more complex than a physics shape needs to be, so you're making the server work extra-hard. Most small, solid objects don't need anything fancier than a cube.

5 minutes ago, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

It might solve the problem, but the Medium LOD is basically guaranteed to be far more complex than a physics shape needs to be, so you're making the server work extra-hard. Most small, solid objects don't need anything fancier than a cube.

Hello, and instead of "medium" which one could I try?

Cube or Lowest. It greatly depends on what you're making. For a dresser or a small shrub, cube is fine. If it's large enough to have hollow spots you want people to be able to move through -- like, say, a tree with branches you want people to be able to walk under but a solid trunk -- try Lowest first.

Things like chairs or vehicles, where you want residents sitting on specific spots, might not work right unless you use Low or Medium, but that's also the point where you should be making your own collision shape. Rooms or houses with doorways and windows definitely require learning how SL uses physics in detail.

1 minute ago, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

Cube or Lowest. It greatly depends on what you're making. For a dresser or a small shrub, cube is fine. If it's large enough to have hollow spots you want people to be able to move through -- like, say, a tree with branches you want people to be able to walk under but a solid trunk -- try Lowest first.

Things like chairs or vehicles, where you want residents sitting on specific spots, might not work right unless you use Low or Medium, but that's also the point where you should be making your own collision shape. Rooms or houses with doorways and windows definitely require learning how SL uses physics in detail.

...i build only temples and houses.

13 hours ago, Namuri said:

...i build only temples and houses.

For those you need to make a separate model for the physics.

You have to understand what the physics model is and what it's purpose is. For a house it has to functions and two functions only:

• Keep the avatar from walking through the walls and flying/jumping through the ceiling
  • Give the avatar solid floors (and if you're a good mesh maker) roofs to walk on

That's all. Handling physics is one of the hardest tasks the server have to do so you need to make the physics model as simple as possible. For a house that means big flat surfaces representing the major parts of the structure, walls, floors and ceilings and nothing else.

I'm not sure how to give more detailed advice without knowing a bit more about your build. Can you post some pictures of it so we know a little bit more?

1 hour ago, ChinRey said:

For those you need to make a separate model for the physics.

You have to understand what the physics model is and what it's purpose is. For a house it has to functions and two functions only:

• Keep the avatar from walking through the walls and flying/jumping through the ceiling
  • Give the avatar solid floors (and if you're a good mesh maker) roofs to walk on

That's all. Handling physics is one of the hardest tasks the server have to do so you need to make the physics model as simple as possible. For a house that means big flat surfaces representing the major parts of the structure, walls, floors and ceilings and nothing else.

I'm not sure how to give more detailed advice without knowing a bit more about your build. Can you post some pictures of it so we know a little bit more?

I'll post the link of my MP (but I don't want to advertise)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/169763?

or you can go to see them directly In World

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Camp Italia/79/105/2505

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dragoon%20Island/83/49/3710

yesterday Aquila Kitory, the gentle girl who was the first to reply to me on this post, came to one of this SIM where the owner allowed me to show my creations, she took a look and said she didn't encounter any physics problems. The number of prims is due to the roofs, which I built with three-dimensional tiles and are therefore heavy.

I repeat, before two years ago I didn't have this type of problem, I didn't have to set the physics, but sometimes I only changed the number of triangles. I had been building houses for at least 10 years.

Thanks to you too for the reply.

Edited by Namuri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.