Please check https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io to see if there is a known problem with the service. If you continue to experience problems, please check your network and firewall setup

divine0328

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Anyone who can help me please? I've not been able to log in in SL for 3 weeks already.  I always see this "Please check https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io to see if there is a known problem with the service. If you continue to experience problems, please check your network and firewall setup". Tried to disable the firewall and other things but nothing happens.

image_2023-04-08_220106884.png

5 answers to this question

Did you reboot your router and modem? If you are using a wifi connection, are you close enough to the router, with no walls between you and it? SL does not tolerate signal loss or corruption very well, unlike games you may have played. An internet connection that is fine for games and YouTube videos may not be reliable enough for SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In that case, I suggest contacting your ISP.  If you have truly reset your router and modem and are not using wifi that is compromised by distance or local interference, there are only a few other things you can do by yourself.  You can replace the DNS server that is listed in your router with a different one ( try the free Google DNS public server, for example) and you should consider the possibility that your country has an unusual block on some internet services.  If so, you might think about using VPN.   If you are experiencing ping times to the SL destinations that are much great than about 250 m sec, or of you are losing more than 0.1% of your signal, your connection to SL will fail.

Your local ISP should be able to check their wiring and routing.  Many years ago, when I was having connection problems, my ISP found that corrosion in their connection box at the street was the problem, so these things do happen. It's most likely to be a problem in your own home, however.  Check all cables and connectors.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.