Where to find free sound packs?

Chris Cash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I remember a long time ago in SL there were a bunch of free stores that gave out free noob clothing, free scripts, free textures, free sound files.

I'm browing the Marketplace right now and don't really see sound packs or anything. Just random sounds or silent sounds.   I'm mainly after sounds I can use for different notifications in world so would be cool to find a big sound pack that I can test them all out and decide which sounds to use for certain notifications.

Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

Here is a search string that should return all the freebies on the Marketplace.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?search[copy_permission]=0&search[is_demo]=1&search[keywords]=NOT+demo&search[layout]=gallery&search[limited_quantities]=0&search[modify_permission]=0&search[per_page]=96&search[price_high]=0&search[price_low]=0&search[sort]=sales_rank_asc&search[transfer_permission]=0&utf8=â

If you don't find what you're looking for there, or at any of the freebie stores in world, there are tons of free sounds you can download from the internet and then upload to SL (for a modest $L10 upload fee). You may need to process them a little in an audio editing program first. Sounds for SL must be 30.000 seconds or less long and be in PCM WAV format, 16-bit, 44.1kHz, mono or stereo. Stereo files will be downmixed to mono by the viewer at upload time. You should also run a Normalize filter on them, and you may want to add a little compression as well. You want to get the sound as loud as you can (without distortion) before you upload it, because SL's volume control cannot turn things up, only turn things down.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.