Why do my recently purchased items look like blocks?

Namenloss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm relatively new to SL and I'm not exactly sure how all things work, so here's my first question:

I just bought some items from the store, hair, shirts and pants and such. The one furry appearance that I bought worked out fine and I got it to work. But the other clothes and such aren't working, when I try to wear them they look like blocks that say what they are but they don't look like what they are supposed to be. I'm not sure what to do here so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

~Lozi

3 answers to this question

That's because they are blocks .... or at least boxes. You bought items that were packaged for shipment.  All you need to do is rez the box on the ground -- find a place where that is allowed, like a sandbox -- and then right click on the box and select OPEN. When your see the button in the new window that says Copy To Inventory, click it.  All of the box contents will be transferred to folders in your inventory.  Don;t forget to clean up the area by Deleteing or Taking your box back when you are done.

Read here >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Opening-boxes/ta-p/700185  and in the included links to find out more.  Welcome to Second Life!

• Like 2

Namenloss wrote:

I'm relatively new to SL and I'm not exactly sure how all things work, so here's my first question:

I just bought some items from the store, hair, shirts and pants and such. The one furry appearance that I bought worked out fine and I got it to work. But the other clothes and such aren't working, when I try to wear them they look like blocks that say what they are but they don't look like what they are supposed to be. I'm not sure what to do here so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

~Lozi

HI Namenloss!  Welcome to SL and to the SL forums!  You may have to "rez" the box out and unpack it.  Find a place where you can rez things, and drag the item from your inventory, to the ground.  Then right click on the item, and select open.  Then click on the copy to inventory button.  The box will then unpack and the items will go into inventory.  You will see the items in you recent items.  Then you just put the new items on.  I hope this helps!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.