White Screen When Opening Viewer(s)

Youngin Bing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Everyone!

I am having an issue where every viewer that I install will work for a bit but on a random day it would suddenly stop working. The issue is whenever I try to launch the viewer, it just goes into rendering textures or whatever and then white screen and then unresponsive. I am running out of viewers. Started with SL viewer, then Firestorm, Black Dragon etc.

My PC has pretty good specs. I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super for the graphics card. (all of the drivers are up to date both under device manager and geforce experience)

I have 32gb of RAM and a great motherboard.

Does anyone know of a fix? I have tried uninstalling and installing again, I have tried to clear cache manually and nothing seems to be working. I am running out of viewers to play on.

15 hours ago, Youngin Bing said:

I install will work for a bit but on a random day it would suddenly stop working

Disk or SSD issue (corrupted sectors) ?  You could run GSmartControl and see what it says about your mass storage...

Also, the log of the viewer(s) may be a great help in pin-pointing the issue. What does the log says, when the viewer freezes ?

On 4/3/2023 at 8:14 AM, Youngin Bing said:

Hey Everyone!

I am having an issue where every viewer that I install will work for a bit but on a random day it would suddenly stop working. The issue is whenever I try to launch the viewer, it just goes into rendering textures or whatever and then white screen and then unresponsive. I am running out of viewers. Started with SL viewer, then Firestorm, Black Dragon etc.

My PC has pretty good specs. I have an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super for the graphics card. (all of the drivers are up to date both under device manager and geforce experience)

I have 32gb of RAM and a great motherboard.

Does anyone know of a fix? I have tried uninstalling and installing again, I have tried to clear cache manually and nothing seems to be working. I am running out of viewers to play on.

Besides my RTX 3070 GPU, my motherboard has a build-in Intel GPU. After the recommended auto update of the Intel drivers for Windows 10:

Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2121 for 6th-10th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics, and related Intel Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors. Version: 31.0.101.2121Release

I experienced, Firestorm hang on start and never finalized initialization. Problems not isolated to Second Life viewer, also my browser Firefox behaved erratic and general overall performance was bad, although system is using the RTX 3070 exclusivly. A role back to previous Intel driver with the Windows 10 system restore solved the problem for me and everything is back into super fast without problems.

Maybe you experience same problem, where the Intel driver causes problems.

Edited by Rachel1206
Clarify

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.