random inventory folders appearing empty

kaijukill

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! uhh ive never used the forums here so sorry if this is the wrong place. ive been having an issue recently.

My folders in my inventory randomly appeared empty (only some of them). i cleared my inventory cache and it seemed fixed.

However i bought a lot of Avi items the other day and now the same issue is happening in my received item section instead.

Is there a permanent fix so my folders stop appearing empty? each time i clear the cache and log in its different folders that look empty while others are full with their normal stuff.

Is the inventory cache based on your computer hardware at all? i use a kinda low tier laptop to play SL so i was wondering if that could be the cause of this issue. Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!

1 answer to this question

The Inventory that you see in your viewer is created from the cached copy that is downloaded from LL servers (actually Amazon) when you log in.  If you have a weak or flaky Internet connection, the cache on your computer can be corrupted or simply have missing elements.  The long-term solution, if this is a recurring problem, is you improve your Internet connection by rebooting your modem and router, and -- if possible -- avoiding a wifi connection from your computer to them.  If you can't avoid wifi, at least place your computer closer to the router so your don't lose signal strength and have interference from RF sources in your home.

For now, yes, the short term solution is to clear your inventory cache and let the viewer request a new download.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.