noob question) owning and renting land in the same region

SiaNova Portal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, SiaNova Portal said:

if I own land, but rent land in the same region. do I gain that parcels land capacity, to be used in the land that I own??? 

If it is a private region, maybe - depends on how things are set up there.  On Mainland, highly unlikely.  The rented land will likely be owned by a rental Group and your owned land will be owned by you personally or by your group.  You can only share LI if the owner is the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

To elaborate on the previous reply, if its the type of private estate setup where you have to "buy" the land for a few lindens in order to rent, yes, as long as you keep both parcels deeded to you or to the same group. 

And on mainland its more than unlikely, its impossible that you'd be able to share land resources between a rental and your premium land. Mainland landlords have to put you in their land group, because if they were to deed it to you or your group they'd no longer own it and LL would bill you for it. 

To determine if its mainland or an estate, look at region owner under "covenant" in "about land". None means its mainland. 

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.