i cant see myself what goin on

Serien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

It's a fairly common connection issue.  Information about your avatar's appearance is stored on your own computer.  Whenever you change appearance (and in fact whenever you log on and the servers need to know what you look like), your local client has to send that information to SL's servers so that you can be visible in world.  Until then, the servers use a default appearance -- a white fluffy cloud.

You can sometimes force an upload by rebaking your avatar (CTRL + Alt + R) or simply going into Appearance mode and back out again.  If that doesn't work, you may need to rebuild your avatar from scratch.  That sounds scary, but it's VERY easy.  Got to your Advanced (CTRL + D) or Develop (CTRL + Q) menu and select Character >> Character Tests >> Test Female (or Male) .  (The exact wording is different on different viewers, but the function is there in all of them.)  That will replace your av with a brand new newbie.  Open inventory and drag your favorite shape, skin, and attachments onto yourself to return to normal.  When I need to do that operation, the whole thing takes less than 20 seconds from start to finish and I feel and look great afterwards.  :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.