UVs distorted upon upload, but looking good in Substance Painter

DulceDiva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.So I textured my UVs in Substance Painter.They look really nice and smooth in there.Upon uploading my excat mesh into SL,the UVs I exported from Substance painter look distorted.I cannot pinpoint the cause of the issue, since I applied all transforms before exporting.Any idea on what I'm doing wrong here? :(

It only happens on meshes with sharp corners - any round mesh uploads absolutely fine.

3cf90388c0912e8f9768ef08141ed8f6.png

5b1e4ba69e612fb9e74a6743a53a03d2.png

Edited by DulceDiva
Wording

There are different ways to make and unwrap UV textures. (Normal Mapping, Unfold Mapping, Smoothing Grouping, Flatten Mapping, Flatten by Polygon Angle and so on) Unfortunately, SL only likes 2 of them. Flatten Mapping and Flatten by Polygon Angle. If you are trying to use something else try flattening it using one of the two methods and see if it works correctly. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2023 at 3:19 PM, Jenny Ashland said:

There are different ways to make and unwrap UV textures. (Normal Mapping, Unfold Mapping, Smoothing Grouping, Flatten Mapping, Flatten by Polygon Angle and so on) Unfortunately, SL only likes 2 of them. Flatten Mapping and Flatten by Polygon Angle. If you are trying to use something else try flattening it using one of the two methods and see if it works correctly. 

Thanks for saving me. I actually thought it was me doing something wrong. I discovered which ones I should use in Blender and now it works perfectly! *chef's kiss*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.