Camera controls

Julieanne1973

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi so I'm pretty new to sl and iam recently using blackdragon ,my camera is playing up ,I can rotate perfectly but when it comes to moving my camera up and down it seems laggy  ,doesn't move or barely moves then if I press to much it moves to much ,help me ..is there no way to work the camera with the keyboard  its a laptop acer x

Edited by Julieanne1973
Wrong spelling

2 answers to this question

Hi there! 

Seeing as nobody replied I'll try help out.
That may be due to settings configuration as in BD there is particular setting for camera lag. Here is an example of the camera settings I use on my viewer:
image.jpeg.4f0a3343c622d94b57cadb82227c456f.jpeg

What you can also try is download and install new version of Black Dragon viewer as there was new release very recently. I advice you to clear your cache and delete any residual files you may have as they can mess up with your viewer.

You can also check around the Niran's blog and even join the Discord server where people can assist as well on any issue you may have.

You can also reach out to @NiranV Dean as he also lurks around the forums.

Camera controls with keyboard have always had this... weird delay between pressing the buttons and them actually doing something, you have to hold down the keys for a very short moment before they start doing something. You shouldn't be using the keyboard controls in the first place, they are a backup and are not meant for precision controls. Mouse camera controls are far more precise and give you exactly what you want.

That being said i see no reason why up/down should behave different from left/right inside the Viewer, tho overlapping controls (with the menu shortcuts or gestures) can result in these keyboard events to be eaten sometimes, this can result in weird, choppy or no movement at all.

I will have a look into whats actually causing these weird keyboard camera control delays, the upcoming update fixes mouse control precision (again) allowing you to make one-pixel big movements with your mouse count towards moving the camera again, this may or may not have fixed the issue with keyboard controls too but i'll put it on my list of things to look into anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.