Struggling creating a new avatar mesh once again

BoniiKwiiDzu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, some time ago I made a thread making an avatar, and today, I'm trying to make a new mesh, but the bones I used the last time are not working any more. Right now I'm using singularity viewer, to import the model, and each time I modify the mesh and import the model, is not detecting the bones, it only imports the mesh, yes, I've selected the options for Opensim + Secondlife on the dae, even the file I'm using of angel made by bento is working when importing it, but each time I try my own model, either is broken or won't import the rig at all. Can anyone help me with this pelase I'm started to get frustrated. I know the problems are not weights as the model is properly rigged inside blender, I can freely pose it.

tmp_new.png

tmp_new.png

tmp_new.png

tmp_new.png

On 3/11/2023 at 4:42 AM, BoniiKwiiDzu said:

Hello, some time ago I made a thread making an avatar, and today, I'm trying to make a new mesh, but the bones I used the last time are not working any more. Right now I'm using singularity viewer, to import the model, and each time I modify the mesh and import the model, is not detecting the bones, it only imports the mesh, yes, I've selected the options for Opensim + Secondlife on the dae, even the file I'm using of angel made by bento is working when importing it, but each time I try my own model, either is broken or won't import the rig at all. Can anyone help me with this pelase I'm started to get frustrated. I know the problems are not weights as the model is properly rigged inside blender, I can freely pose it.

tmp_new.png

tmp_new.png

tmp_new.png

tmp_new.png

Well, it is a weighting problem. The importer won't recognize the rig when the max number of joints detected exceeds the max allowed (110), and it breaks the deformation when the max influences per vertex exceed the max (4).

So, first you must  make sure that the list of joints in your skinning is <= 110, then you should run a weights cleanup, setting the max number of influences to 4. This latter may break the deformations in Blender too, which means you have to paint adjust it. Once it's compliant to those limits, your mesh will upload just fine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.