Gifting your own Marketplace items as a seller

ValKalAstra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is probably something fairly simple to do and I am just too blind to find the option. In short: I want to gift my own product. I've only got a marketplace presence (lack of land access) and as such it would ideally function via the marketplace. The only option I find is to use the "Add to Cart as Gift" button the same way as customers do. Which strikes me as a bit weird because I would pay myself to send out a gift to someone else.

Obviously I could just give it to them directly in world but I would prefer if things were tied into the redelivery system (for... redeliveries or updates). So what are my options there? Just pay myself or am I missing a button somewhere?

I reckon the other option would be to use an in world system. Are there any that operate without need of land?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 1:28 PM, ValKalAstra said:

The only option I find is to use the "Add to Cart as Gift" button the same way as customers do. Which strikes me as a bit weird because I would pay myself to send out a gift to someone else.

If you do so, LL will get 10% of sales commission and you'll get back only 90% of the value.

I think you can have the casper vend system and use some sandbox to redeliver items.

Also you can choose any product, and give a gift to the customers who bought it. Put the gift into the product package and add a notecard by explaining about the gift, then click the link in "Schedule Redelivery" on the marketplace product page.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can also list it for 0L$ and do it that way. Let people know it's a free gift, and anyone who wants it will snatch it up. And yes, "FREEBIE" and "GIFT" do resonate differently with people (a gift can feel far more valuable than a freebie, as it's a gift and not charity or unworthy of sale), even if the scientific reality might be the same, in that it is simply a thing they get without paying for it.

Also wow yay, MeshPromo posted~! *waves hi* You made my favorite tank top!

And it was a gift!

Oh, another option is to have an inworld group for your customers. You can send out announcements with attachments, like gifts. Letting people know that's an important part of why you made the group will get you a lot of members, also. Gifts aren't just nice, they're good for business, too.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.