OpenGL, GLTF PBR Materials Project Viewer ,Hardware Requirments, and Intel Graphics HD 4000

TailBlue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When the GLTF viewer was released around mid December of 2022, my pc was able to open and log into the viewer just fine. Late Dec 2022 with the newer releases, it will load the viewer, get to the login screen then when trying to log in the viewer would crash as the world started loading. Now with the recent releases Jan-Feb 2023, the viewer will run after the Icon is clicked and once it says "Intilizting Cache" it crashes completly not even getting to the login screen. I have tried putting --noprobe and many many other tests in hopes to get it working but little success. Im left to belive this may be a hardware limitation.

I heard the GLTF viewer will only run on supported hardware that has OpenGL version 3.0. Which my computer supports 3.0 to 4.0 100% with 4.1 to 4.5 being 85% supported, missing some extended shader files. I've tested this on another pc with latest drivers also running Intel iGPU 4000, 6000 and Geforce 812 but the same results happens. Both are running the latest Win10 22H2 Builds with 16GB dual channel memory and OS/viewers running on SSD's. Intel i7 proccessors 3632QM and 3650U.

The offical release of the Second Life Viewer will open and run just fine.

What OpenGL version(s) are required for the the GLTF PBR Materials Project Viewer to run among other required hardware specs?

Will the GLTF Viewer beable run on aging hardware (2013-2014) mainly Intel Graphics HD 4000, 5000, & 6000 series? I do have the latest driver for these.

Same with GeForce 710, 820, and Radeon HD 7550.

I will be getting a newer spec pc (MSI Stealth 16) in the coming months and haven't seen any posts while searching about this topic/issues.  Im asking here in hopes the responces could help while also help other Second Life Residents on aging hardware with upcoming PBR being introuced to Second Life.

1 answer to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.