Missing Required Level of Detail Error

thebarghest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to preface this by saying I have read every post on the forum regarding this error, so I swear I would not be posting such a common question if any of the fixes mentioned worked. I'm very sorry, as I know this question gets brought up a lot here, but I'm out of ideas.

I am working on a rigged mesh item (a mod for the kemono body that covers all of the legs). I imported it once without error, but I forgot to fix my UV maps, so I went into Blender and corrected them so that the textures would show properly. I then exported the mesh as a .dae file with all the same settings as the previous working object. Now, when I attempt to import the file into SL, I get the missing LOD error. I tried to reimport that file back into blender, but it shows as empty. When i try to reimport the original working file into blender, it also is empty, even though I can successfully upload it to SL still. I know this might be a Blender issue, but it is very niche, so I thought here would be a good place to ask in case any creators on this forum have run into it.

Fixes I've tried:

Using manual LODs instead of generated ones (lower LODs didn't have the error but highest did)

Reducing poly count (polycount before this was around 4k)

Checking for N-gons

Applying scale, rotation, and location

Checking for negative scaling

Checked log for all the errors mentioned here, couldn't find any. 

Tried uploading in SL official viewer, Alchemy, and Catznip

Tried uploading on both the beta grid and main grid

I have successfully uploaded mesh objects before without this issue, and am sincerely stumped. If anyone has any advice I am grateful, and I apologize again for such a repetitive question.

48 minutes ago, thebarghest said:

I imported it once without error, but I forgot to fix my UV maps, so I went into Blender and corrected them so that the textures would show properly. I then exported the mesh as a .dae file with all the same settings as the previous working object. Now, when I attempt to import the file into SL, I get the missing LOD error.

What are the tri and vertice counts for your mesh? The by far most common rereason for the missing LOD message on the high level is that the model is so complex it takes ages to load.

25 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

What are the tri and vertice counts for your mesh? The by far most common rereason for the missing LOD message on the high level is that the model is so complex it takes ages to load.

tris: 4,152

vertices: 2,099

I figured it might be that, but I still can't figure out why those files show as empty for me in blender. Thank you for the quick response though :)

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.