Program default attachment point for a hud ?

Bronsin Dakota

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all.   I created a simple hud.   How can I program it such that when a user right clicks it in their inventory and selects "Add" , it will default attach where I intend it to, i.e. bottom left screen. 

I.e. without the user having to at first  select "attach to" a certain point .

Any help is greatly appreciated !

By default it'll attach to the most recent point to which it was attached,  so if the copies you distribute were attached to the bottom left screen, they should start out attached there when users select "Add" from inventory. Of course, if they instead choose their own "Attach to" point, that will become that item's default attachment point the next time.

When added by script (not from inventory), then it's possible to override that most recent attachment point, using a non-zero attach_point argument to llAttachToAvatar.

(Caveat: I have no idea how a viewer might do programmed attachment from inventory under RLV command, but presumably that's documented somewhere and seems out of scope anyway.)

7 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

(Caveat: I have no idea how a viewer might do programmed attachment from inventory under RLV command, but presumably that's documented somewhere and seems out of scope anyway.)

Since you asked, the documentation is a bit loose on attaching to a specific slot, but some older versions of RLV required you to put the attachent point name in the name of the object or folder to be worn. Whenever I've used it, it 'just works' with the default attachment point.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.