why dose my game keep freezing

Tamara Humbridge

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had this to happen to me twice in less than a 24 hour  period and when my game freezes it freezes my whold computer and and i need to know why it;s doing this and what I can do ti pervent it from hppening again cause when it dose i have ti di a hard shut down and everyone knows that can and will harm your computer

5 answers to this question

It is a bit difficult to say - there is not really a lot of info in your post. Could you post some specifications of your PC (Portable or not, what graphics card is in it, and so on)? It will give a bit more of a clue to what is possible causes.

That being said, If you are on a laptop there is a good chance the graphics card of the pc is overheating. This is a wild guess, though, but something it is possible to look in to. There are software for monitoring temperatures for the components in your pc, but I couldn't find any atm.

To add to your post you have to choose 'Edit question' from the Options menu in the top right corner of your post.

- Luc -

• Like 1

I agree with Luc. Sounds like your computer could be overheating. Use this free utility to monitor all aspects of your compouter including temperature of your graphics card and CPU. The basic version (not the Pro one) is free. What sort of temperatures are your GPU and CPU reaching?

There are various reasons why your computer could be crashing like this, overheating due to dust accumulation, failing heat paste between your CPU cooler and processor, failing graphics card or PSU etc .

To obtain your computer specification, open SL to login screen, select Help > About Second Life and copy/paste the computer information in a reply here along with . You can do so by seleting Edit from the Options menu against your original question.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.