Blur texture images for picture frames?

Sodou

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, does anyone know how much should I blur png images that go inside a mesh picture frame? The images I have a very crisp but seeing art pictures on the grid they all seem to have a blur. Does anyone know how much of a blur should be added to art images so it would look more 'real' in world?

Thank you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sodou said:

Hello, does anyone know how much should I blur png images that go inside a mesh picture frame? The images I have a very crisp but seeing art pictures on the grid they all seem to have a blur. Does anyone know how much of a blur should be added to art images so it would look more 'real' in world?

Thank you.

Oh, you don't have to at all. Sl's compression algorith will do that for you.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2022 at 6:09 AM, Sodou said:

Oh I don't have too? I could have sworn most picture look way blurry. Thank you though :)

What kind of "blur" are you talking about, exactly? (You can upload images/screenshots to this forum.)

The "depth of field" effect is something that blurs only the background of the image, leaving the main subject in focus. How much you use that (if any) is totally subjective on what looks good to you.

On 12/11/2022 at 8:41 PM, Sodou said:

Thank you.

I don't know, but you could experiment with uploading lower resolutions.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.