Environment settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, this has been driving me a bit insane and wondering if I have missed something. I am sure that a little while ago (poss a year or 2) you could be in sl and there would be a day/night cycle so you would have a standard sunrise/midday/sunset and night time cycling through and you didn't need to do anything. I was quite happy with the default cycle. However now I have to choose one of either sunrise, sunset, midday or night and it stays this way or I choose the shared environment of the place I am, which I inevitably don't want and end up staying on midday so I can see properly! :)

Does anyone know if the default day/night cycle still exists and if so how I can get it back?

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Hi, @Roxanne Petrolhead! Choosing one of the four "quick time of day" settings does indeed hold that setting. Picking "Use Shared Environment" will let you see the setting the land owner has chosen, which is usually a day cycle. You "don't need to do anything", just let it cycle. If the time of day the cycle is in doesn't suit you, and you don't want to use one of the quick settings, you can dive into more detail with the Personalize settings.  The environment editor is very versatile. If you're a landowner, you can create an environment for your land that everyone who visits can experience. Or you can create your own personal environment and carry it around with you.

For all the details, see here:

• Like 1

With the EEP upgrade came the ability to change the default 4-hour day cycle to any length of day that one wants. So, it is possible to find places where the day cycle seems to be stalled.

Check Lindal's link and learn how to handle your environment. When sailing or flying I have to set an unchanging environment to avoid changes at every region crossing.

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

When sailing or flying I have to set an unchanging environment to avoid changes at every region crossing

And nowadays, every parcel border! I've noticed this myself. I take someone for a romantic nighttime sail out of Tradewinds Yacht Club and we are not five minutes on our way when things become NOON, and then two minutes later back to midnight.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.