How do you clear a mistaken event listing?

Haiku Quan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wrote a listing for an event and posted it. I immediately realized I had written it incorrectly, and deleted the listing. But now when I try to list that event, I am told I cannot because it is a duplicate of one I already listed. The deleted event is not in the Event Listings, so there is no duplicate. But I keep getting told, even days later, that the listing is a duplicate. 

How can I get around this erroneous refusal of a non-existing duplicate, and list this event?

2 answers to this question

Thanks for the suggestion. I did file a support case, and just received this response:

Ticket comment 
Mint Linden –

Hello Haiku Quan,

Thank you for contacting Second Life Support and for your patience.

I'm sorry for the trouble you are having with your events. We are aware of an issue in our events system that can cause new events to be flagged as a duplicate of a past event, even if that past event is already disabled. Our engineers are working toward a more permanent resolution, but in the meantime we do our best to find creative workarounds.

If you need to make a correction in your event's description or title, you should be able to use the Edit option in the Events menu. If this is not working for you, please contact Support and we may be able to make the changes from our side. Once an event is deleted, it will no longer be visible from your side and cannot be changed. However, we can also re-enable events you have deleted if needed.

Has the event you were trying to create already passed? If not, could you please tell us the date, time, and title of the event? If you still need changes to be made to it, we will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to your response!

Best Wishes,

Mint Linden

Second Life Support

Linden Lab

Sincerely,
Second Life Support Team

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.