New idea: Inventory management via website

Valentin Elan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm thinking in developing a new product in Second Life, which is an extension of what I have already in Marketplace "Inventory Manager":    Virtual-Inventory-v12-Organize-Store-Retrieve-Backup-Share-items  (Please note I am not trying to promote my product, but give a background of what is the functionality)

As you all know, the inventory can get overloaded of items and can be difficult to manage. My product consist in a box to which you copy items and it has a menu to search, retrieve and delete items. Performing operations like search via SL menu is slow and not user friendly. My idea consist on connecting these boxes to external servers which keep in sync with the content and provide the same functionality via a website.

This will also make a huge improvement in boxes with the "Share" functionality activated, which means any user can search and retrieve content from your box using the website.

Just imagine this website similar to Google Drive where you can access your stuff, and on top of that a search engine where you can copy items from any other users (with their consent)

Is this something attractive for you as user?

Thank you very much and looking forward for your feedback.

Valentin Elan

Edited by Valentin Elan
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Valentin Elan said:

This will also make a huge improvement in boxes with the "Share" functionality activated, which means any user can search and retrieve content from your box using the website.

share, retrieve from your box ... does it override permissions by the creator? Just FP items?  ... otherwise this seems quite impossible.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

share, retrieve from your box ... does it override permissions by the creator? Just FP items?  ... otherwise this seems quite impossible.

Nothing new in that front. Other uses can retrieve only items which have copy and transfer permissions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 511 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.