Convex and Prim physics

Gearsawe Stonecutter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Indeed. I find that the only way of getting the optimal set of hulls. Why the space is required, I have no idea.  A couple of other points...

First, I have found more and more cases, mostly bits of buildings, where the physcics cost of the undecomposed physics shape can be less than the decomposed shape. I think this is when all the triangles are big enough.

Second, you can make the physics shape for a corridor, room, tunnel etc. by flipping the normals so they all point to the inside, then using surface decomposition. If you leave the normals pointing outwards, the decomposition will fill in the space. See the translucent pipe bends in Runitai's MeshHQ region. The physics shapes are made of one-sided planes sides with inward pointing normals, not decomposed because decomposition fills in the inside of the large radius ouside the pipe. However, you can sometimes wriggle through the sides of the undecomposed shape, even though there are no gaps in the supplied mesh. I never wriggled through the decomposed shape.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4693 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.