krankhaus left sl?

Devilgrey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Candide LeMay said:

Last time I looked you only get about 30% of the revenue generated by your items in Roblox, the rest is swallowed by various fees&leeches. If that still makes commercial sense for creators compared to SL's much more favorable fee structure it paints a bleak picture about the state of SL's economy.

i feel like creators on there could potentially get more sales than sl on a daily basis. there maybe more fees on roblox, though having more sales probably outweighs that. as blaise glendevon said theres 55 millions active users daily. i've even heard things saying roblox is the most popular multiverse platform out there, makes sense why someone would switch to selling there.

4 minutes ago, Devilgrey said:

i loved roblox more as a child than i do now. i made a new roblox account about 2 years ago just as a mindless game i could play when i was doing phone surveys as a job temporarily. havent touched it really since i left that job.

You reminded me of how I, by some miracle, managed to recover the account I made originally... 13 years ago. With a very simple one-word username too, so it's actually a pretty valuable to have if I ever care to create any content on that platform.

Good for Krankhaus though. They started so small and came far. They deserve any success they get, even if that means moving to bigger audiences.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

And yeah, I might just make some stuff for the Avi2.0. I actually dusted mine off last week and updated it, and my old Normie head, and I was able to pretty much get the same look as I have now with an avi and head that cost me almost 8k. My only hangup is the body isn't SLUV compatible, so no BoM for it, but whatever, really. It was my avatar of choice for over a year when I was new, and I only switched to the Kemono for a while because it had more sliders (at that time, anyway).

uti made bom relays for all of his heads and bodies or it could be certain ones? i couldnt manage to figure it out though, so i stuck to the appliers.

i'd be grateful if avatar 2.0 got more designer love, especially in the mens department. i'm not skilled at 3d modeling at this point to do it myself.

Edited by Devilgrey

4 minutes ago, Devilgrey said:

uti made bom relays for all of his heads and bodies or it could be certain ones? i couldnt manage to figure it out though, so i stuck to the appliers.

i'd be grateful if avatar 2.0 got more designer love, especially in the mens department. i'm not skilled at 3 modeling at this point to do it myself.

While you can use BOM for all of the bodies/heads from Uti (or literally any modifiable object, even prims), any SLUV skins won't be compatible because Kemono/Avatar2 uses totally different parts of the texture for different things.

You'd see things you're not meant to see. 😄

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You reminded me of how I, by some miracle, managed to recover the account I made originally... 13 years ago. With a very simple one-word username too, so it's actually a pretty valuable to have if I ever care to create any content on that platform.

Good for Krankhaus though. They started so small and came far. They deserve any success they get, even if that means moving to bigger audiences.

i know my old childhood roblox accounts name but i used a fake email, so no way to recover it XD. roblox has a lot nicer clothes, hair, etc on there now than it did when i actually played it daily. ironic isnt it?

all in all, im happy krank found a platform that works better for them.

Just now, Wulfie Reanimator said:

While you can use BOM for all of the bodies/heads from Uti (or literally any modifiable object, even prims), any SLUV skins won't be compatible because Kemono/Avatar2 uses totally different parts of the texture for different things.

You'd see things you're not meant to see. 😄

makes sense. i guessed it was something like that after i bought another bom avatar that had its own uv-map, so you had to use universal skins made for it. but before i got that other avatar i was confused on why bom looked wonky for uti's stuff.

12 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

And yeah, I might just make some stuff for the Avi2.0. I actually dusted mine off last week and updated it, and my old Normie head, and I was able to pretty much get the same look as I have now with an avi and head that cost me almost 8k. My only hangup is the body isn't SLUV compatible, so no BoM for it, but whatever, really. It was my avatar of choice for over a year when I was new, and I only switched to the Kemono for a while because it had more sliders (at that time, anyway).

Just an FYI, but BoM is not SLUV exclusive.

3 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Just an FYI, but BoM is not SLUV exclusive.

Yeah I realize that, I was just thinking in terms of SL skin compatibility. Good to point it out, though. One could make skins for it that didn't need appliers.

That could be another thing to work on... Hmmmm...

• 2 weeks later...

idk if this thread being inactive for 2 weeks is considered a necro. this is related to krankhaus so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anyways, i was walking through waifu factory and stumbled upon a store for krankhaus. lots of the clothes here is the old price (meaning you arent paying 500L for avatar 2.0 clothes). theres even stuff here i dont think is listed on the marketplace store (atleast for avatar 2.0 not sure for other bodies). plus there's a freebie vendor there. there was a free head for avatar 2.0 there, which i'll get to see how it looks

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Meteor Star/10/249/1549

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.f69a18458e2ba843c6f192d7d3e68fb3.pngSnapshot_001.thumb.png.0584bf7f793fb6621821f27cf5b977e9.png

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 457 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.