Can’t save picture on black dragon

KutBratt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, KutBratt said:

Whenever I try to save a picture on black dragon, the snapshot tab goes black & it says “directory does not exist” when I try to save it and “failed to save to computer. Could someone help me fix it?

You can choose the folder (i.e., "directory") that you're saving the picture to. In fact, it should prompt you to do that the first time you save a pic after logging in.

I will have this sometimes if I have renamed or moved the folder I was saving to.

Try to choose "Save as" rather than "Save"? And then navigate to the folder you want it saved to. That should fix the issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What Scylla said. It seems like last time you successfully saved a pic, it saved in a directory folder that you've since deleted or moved, and BD can't find it. "Save As" will allow you t select a new locaiton.

I also get that black screen of death when I'm trying to save at a resolution higher than my PC can handle. It will do up to about 5000 x 3000 but much bigger than that, and it will fail (and sometimes crash altogether).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:50 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You can choose the folder (i.e., "directory") that you're saving the picture to. In fact, it should prompt you to do that the first time you save a pic after logging in.

I will have this sometimes if I have renamed or moved the folder I was saving to.

Try to choose "Save as" rather than "Save"? And then navigate to the folder you want it saved to. That should fix the issue.

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 5:06 PM, Lewis Luminos said:

What Scylla said. It seems like last time you successfully saved a pic, it saved in a directory folder that you've since deleted or moved, and BD can't find it. "Save As" will allow you t select a new locaiton.

I also get that black screen of death when I'm trying to save at a resolution higher than my PC can handle. It will do up to about 5000 x 3000 but much bigger than that, and it will fail (and sometimes crash altogether).

Thank you!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.