Needs help with Substance Painter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im trying to bake light on my textures to make the model more interesting without the use of meterials in SL but i can't figure out why is not showing any light when i place the bake lighting filter on top of my layers. Anyone knows what could be the problem here? first screen is with the light from the viewport on meterial mode.

SP no light.jpg

Edited by GreyLasagna

2 hours ago, GreyLasagna said:

Im using the pbr-spec-gloss, as it was recommended in a video tutorial i saw. I tired changing it but it doesnt seem to do the job.

I only get that Filter to work when creating a new project using a pbr -metal -rough shader. Then selecting the Base color channel in the viewport.

On 8/31/2022 at 1:39 PM, arton Rotaru said:

I only get that Filter to work when creating a new project using a pbr -metal -rough shader. Then selecting the Base color channel in the viewport.

I saw on a vid where the guy recommends pbr -spec -gloss was better for SL. If you dont use the light filter then what do you use?

Edited by GreyLasagna

3 hours ago, GreyLasagna said:

I saw on a vid where the guy recommends pbr -spec -gloss was better for SL. If you dont use the light filter then what do you use?

I use specular and gloss maps, as well as the environment mask which goes into the specular maps alpha channel. I do this with the non -pbr-spec-gloss shader in Painter. No baked lighting.

You have the diffuse channel showing - not material - have you exported the 2D view to see what it looks like?

I don't use Spec I mostly use Rough for wood and plaster.

Also when 2D looks wonky on your view 9 times out of 10 it's something on your material - check your metallic and roughness settings on the material.

actually it looks like it does show. in your material view it looks like you have either a panorama or something light and high contrast environment map plugged in, for the baked lightening filter you used a very dark with little light environment map. the material view will always differ from the diffuse view , no matter how you sent the baked lightening filter. however if you want to use the bake lightening filter, turn off material view completely, and stick with the diffuse, change the environment map to something more lit and then adjust sun parameters. I made a video tutorial on how to use this particular filter for SL. I used it for clothing/accessories, but the process for hard surface is the same :

20 hours ago, Salt Peppermint said:

actually it looks like it does show. in your material view it looks like you have either a panorama or something light and high contrast environment map plugged in, for the baked lightening filter you used a very dark with little light environment map. the material view will always differ from the diffuse view , no matter how you sent the baked lightening filter. however if you want to use the bake lightening filter, turn off material view completely, and stick with the diffuse, change the environment map to something more lit and then adjust sun parameters. I made a video tutorial on how to use this particular filter for SL. I used it for clothing/accessories, but the process for hard surface is the same :

But in that video, you are also using a metal/rough shader with a Base color channel. And not a Spec/gloss shader with a Diffuse channel like GreyLasagna did.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.