low internet speed

SirJohn Swain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

as we all know second life needs at least a nornmal internet speed to run. but thats kinda my problem. i going to settle in new place. wich doesnt have internet for about 2 week minimal. but im still be able to use internet on my pc via my cell phone. so i was wondering if its possible to still run sl with less then 1mbps? is there a viewer for it? becouse phoenix doesnt work well...

For Android you can use "Mobile Grid Client" which is a text-client.

It has a 14 day trial periiod so you can test it. It works for me. After the trial-period expired you have to get a license inworld which is $L250/month for a standard and $L450/month for a pro license.

SirJohn Swain wrote:

as we all know second life needs at least a nornmal internet speed to run. but thats kinda my problem. i going to settle in new place. wich doesnt have internet for about 2 week minimal. but im still be able to use internet on my pc via my cell phone. so i was wondering if its possible to still run sl with less then 1mbps? is there a viewer for it? becouse phoenix doesnt work well...

I've used it quite a bit on 0.5 - 1 mbps connections - and it works OK on Viewer 2, but I found Rainbow (based on Viewer 1.22) to be the best for low speed connections.  I generally found SL was surprisingly resilient to low speed connections once you'd logged on and would usually let you stay in-world until connection speeds dropped below 300kbps.   The most noticeable effect apart from lower rezzing speeds/walking was that other avatars' anims didn't look as they were working sometimes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4706 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.