Limit limb movements?

Consaidin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im wondering how it might be possible to limit arm movement on a garment so that whatever animation the avi is doing is still possible, but an arm for example wont have its entire range—say if an avi is lassoed by a rope above the elbows then lead along, that should prevent upper arm movement only. Is this possible?

No.

The closest you could get to this would be to create some animations that position the upper arms only and upload at P5, but that would simply lock the upper arms to that position and disallow other animations of lower priority moving the upper arms, it would not actually constrain them.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

The closest you could get to this would be to create some animations that position the upper arms only and upload at P5, but that would simply lock the upper arms to that position and disallow other animations of lower priority moving the upper arms, it would not actually constrain them.

So many 'Poses' stores exist these days and I often buy breathing anims and set up the AOs myself using both a basic AO plus Firestorm's AO as I much prefer calm avatar movements.

With reference to Profaitchikenz Haiku's post above, I still remain a little stunned that nobody is creating 'ARMS poses' to go along with many of the minimal movement breathing stands and/or poses. Arm poses much in the vein of Vista Anmations' ARMS poses. I really liked that you can cross arms, interlock fingers etc. over whatever other anim is running. Sadly that experience was in a past life. I cannot justify spending around 2k lindens just for some arm poses these days when the rest of their sets is nothing close to what I want. Vista's ARM poses cannot be purchased individually.

I've collected a few arm anims over the years from bag-holding when attaching an item and it animates me holding the bag, but they're not really useable.

I wish I was capable of creating such arm animations.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

No.

Damn! Thank you, that was in depth, helpful! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.