Objects disappeared while doing an area search

Xixe Graves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Is it possible you accidentally have your parcel set to return other people's objects, and coincidentally that happened at the same time as your area search? Your partner would be able to tell because they'd have gotten them back suddenly (probably all as one object).

You also might have packet loss, try TPing away and coming back, they might reappear.

I did have a weird thing happen a few hours ago where I couldn't see something I knew was there, but when I right clicked where it was supposed to be, it reappeared.

8 hours ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Is it possible you accidentally have your parcel set to return other people's objects, and coincidentally that happened at the same time as your area search? Your partner would be able to tell because they'd have gotten them back suddenly (probably all as one object).

You also might have packet loss, try TPing away and coming back, they might reappear.

I did have a weird thing happen a few hours ago where I couldn't see something I knew was there, but when I right clicked where it was supposed to be, it reappeared.

I logged back in this morning and the objects owned by my partner are still gone. The auto return object policy is set to "0", so it should be off.  The objects do not show up in area search.  If I right click where they should be, there is nothing there.

6 hours ago, Xixe Graves said:

I logged back in this morning and the objects owned by my partner are still gone. The auto return object policy is set to "0", so it should be off.  The objects do not show up in area search.  If I right click where they should be, there is nothing there.

Then they most likely really are gone. Contact your partner and tell them to check their Lost and Found folder.

(No, I have no idea WHY they got returned).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.