Why isn't this land allow me to "buy for group" though lindenlab set exclusively for me to buy?

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I have two 1024 sqm lands (total 2048 sqm) from mainland and deeded to a same group.

Due to 10% group bonus I could buy another 192 sqm while staying in the 7USD per month tier.

So I sent a ticket asking from linden lab to allocate me 192 sqm from a nearby land which I was abandoned before. (I abandoned it before buying my second 1024 sqm.) And they were so kind to subdivide 192 sqm and set exclusively for me to buy.

When I try to "buy for group" the transaction wouldn't work.

land2.thumb.png.d7cedc6156b638dd66c38e545c4331ba.png

After trying multiple times, I ended up with this "Cannot buy now" message.

land3.thumb.png.230a1b24c8be0d66725692017a5aa9d3.png

I can get back to the first screen after re-log, but things ended up as the same.

So my guess for this problem is the "Available Square Meters" shown as 178 sqm, which is less than 192 that I'm going to buy. But I can buy 192 sqm due to 10% bonus while in the 7 USD tier, which isn't showing by the system.

794224747_land5.thumb.png.0046c6dc5645bd937c65ebd65b88dfcf.png

If that is the case, I have to increase the tier to USD 13 per month before buying this. So that will end up I pay more than supposed to be.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I would appreciate for any useful answers.

3 answers to this question

The group bonus is 10% of the total tier donated to the group - so if you've only donated 1870 sqm, then 178 sqm might be the correct amount that you have available. Though usually if you don't have enough tier in the group you get a message about needing to increase your tier level. 

I would suggest trying setting your donated tier for the group to 2048 and see if that allows it to go through.  Also make sure that your group tag you're buying the land for is currently active when trying to do the land buy.

If that doesn't work, then I'd suggest replying on the support ticket (that you had created to request the land) with a comment about the problem you are having. I always leave the support ticket for requesting abandoned land open until I've successfully purchased the land.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, MoiraKathleen said:

I would suggest trying setting your donated tier for the group to 2048 and see if that allows it to go through.

Thank you for the answer.

I entered 2048 in "your contribution" filed in the land group and then it allowed me to buy. Also it didn't change my tier and still in 7USD/month. Yay!

I just wonder why I needed to manually enter it?

5 minutes ago, MeshPromo said:

Thank you for the answer.

I entered 2048 in "your contribution" filed in the land group and then it allowed me to buy. Also it didn't change my tier and still in 7USD/month. Yay!

I just wonder why I needed to manually enter it?

Glad it worked!  

The contribution amount on the group's land tab is always manually entered - not everyone wants to donate all of their tier to one group.  The bonus is based off the total donated to the group, so basically it allows you to have 10% more sqm than the top sqm allowed for your tier level in the situation you've donated all of your tier - for example, having 2240 sqm and only paying the tier level for 2048. A little extra land, a few additional LI available, is always nice :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.