Professional Photographer Prices

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, my name is Talia Ethereal and many people always tell me that i take very good pictures and that i should start taking other people pictures and start charging because at first i was doing it for free. so my question is how much should i charge ?

Hi Talia and welcome to the forums.

I took the liberty of peeking at your profile and few things stood out. As a photographer or any kind of artist in order to attract clientele it's good practice to put out a portfolio of your work, showing the level of skill and expertise you posses in your art. This will help people who are likely interested in your work get better idea and raise their interest.

As for pricing it entirely depends on how much you value your work and what are the market rates. The the popular you are, the higher price you could charge per shoot. As for the shoots themselves the charge rates can be defined based on the type of photos you'll be doing, amount of photos(it could be single one, or it could be photo session), photo set - it could be some pre-set backdrop or something you put up for the sake of the photo and of course last but not least the amount of post-editing work you do after the shoot. 

All these are key factors what you need to take into consideration when you set prices for your services.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 777 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.