Advanced Lighting Model hair glitch -help!

Warh Claven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, my hair is being alpha'd over with Advanced Lighting Model on. I don't see it when I use Singularity but everyone on SLV and firestorm are seeing my hair glitched out. basically I look bald aside from a few random strands. Even without hair you can see this "aura" around the head that alphas some background elements and almost looks like a halo. I have tried removing ALL items. Plz don't ask me to remove something because i removed ALL removable objects and bom layers, this did not fix it. It is not the mesh head. I tried with and without mesh, it doesn't matter.

I have seen people with a similar issue say that switching the brow shape fixed it, but I have no way to check if it's fixed. (someone checked for me and this did not fix anything, still need help!)

fucked hair.png

Edited by Warh Claven
  • Like 1

Your issue is the system hair, which may also be called hair base or eyebrow shaper (they are the same thing though).

Your system hair was made invisible by applying a transparent texture, but this hides other transparent objects it intersects with, like your hair.

The solution is to use a different system hair/hair base/eyebrow shaper.
You can create one yourself by first taking off your regular (mesh) hair, then creating a new system hair, wear it (this will replace the current hairbase/eyebrow shaper) then edit it and set all hair sliders to 0 until the system hair is no longer visible, or you can look around on the Marketplace for free ones too. I haven't looked but I am sure there are free hairbases/eyebrow shapers.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Thanks 1

What worked for me was wearing a BOM scalp alpha. Some creators package one with their hairs--I've had good results with the one from Truth, even when the hair is from somewhere else. 

The bad news is that I want to go EvoX, but I haven't yet found an EvoX alpha that works for this (hiding the scalp in the hud doesn't work either). So I've been sticking with regular Evo so I can keep wearing all these hairs.

On 5/29/2022 at 6:06 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

Your issue is the system hair, which may also be called hair base or eyebrow shaper (they are the same thing though).

Your system hair was made invisible by applying a transparent texture, but this hides other transparent objects it intersects with, like your hair.

The solution is to use a different system hair/hair base/eyebrow shaper.
You can create one yourself by first taking off your regular (mesh) hair, then creating a new system hair, wear it (this will replace the current hairbase/eyebrow shaper) then edit it and set all hair sliders to 0 until the system hair is no longer visible, or you can look around on the Marketplace for free ones too. I haven't looked but I am sure there are free hairbases/eyebrow shapers.

Not the OP, but thank you thank you thank you for this! I edited my eyebrow shaper, kept the brow numbers because I like my brow shape, but set everything else to zero and now all my hairs work! And it works on EvoX, unlike my previous kludge! 

news: miscommunication with a friend made me think the glitch was there when I wore nothing (language barrier lol)

it went away when I detached everything. However my friend who also uses Genus head had the same issue when she switched on bom.

we tried the same method and it didn't work for her, she's having to use non bom.  It goes away when she removes the genus head.
I'm using EvoX now for this reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.