Mesh UserGroup meeting notes June 13th

Charlar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Agenda and Notes: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Mesh/Archive/2011-06-13

Thanks to whoever brought the stew!

Next User Group is Monday June 20, 12:00 Pacific Time

For information about the User Group or to add agenda items for the next meeting: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Content_Creation/Mesh_Import/Scripting_User_Group

Charlar Linden wrote:

Agenda and Notes: 

Thanks to whoever brought the stew!

Next User Group is Monday May 20, 12:00 Pacific Time

For information about the User Group or to add agenda items for the next meeting: 

Next User Group should be dated on June 20, 12:00 Pacific Time. Just a little correction.

Eliza.

I'm reading through the notes as I had to leave early. Interested in the bit about vertices only weighting to four joints. I wonder if that could be why I get mad spikes in avatars until I remove all other possible weightings other than those few I want. Perhaps the upload process takes the bones and their vertices in order and drops other, possibly stronger weighting that comes later?

I'd hate to finally be figuring out my errors at this late date.

• Lindens

Rusalka Writer wrote:

I'm reading through the notes as I had to leave early. Interested in the bit about vertices only weighting to four joints. I wonder if that could be why I get mad spikes in avatars until I remove all other possible weightings other than those few I want. Perhaps the upload process takes the bones and their vertices in order and drops other, possibly stronger weighting that comes later?

I'd hate to finally be figuring out my errors at this late date.

Hi Rusalka:

What's most likely going on here is that not all your assets vertices are weighted -so there is a mismatch between the skin vertex count and the geometric vertex count. I added a check to the importer that would inform you when there is a mismatch between the two - you'll see info in the SL log along the lines of:

"Error: (expected/got) 1245/1230 verts" (Note: Actual numbers will vary) These numbers need to match.

Hope that helps!

-prep

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.