How long did it take for you to become you?

Lanas Criss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've only had my primary avi for about 6 months, and it has already gone through 2 major revisions from the original. Ver.1 (the default avi that i got when I signed up) got some minor upgrades with clothes and hair, ver.2 got a new shape, skin, an AO, and more clothes. This is the one that I used to practice modding my shape to look more like I do in RL. I also experimented with eyes, face lighting, makeup, and accessories. I was away from SL for a couple of months, but when I came back, i had decided to buy a good quality moddable shape and MUCH better hair. Ver. 3 is not even a day old yet, but is already  way better than the previous two versions. I am looking forward to having some fun with this one :) My motivation was that i wanted my avi to be a somewhat realistic representation of what i really look like. Most of the info I got on how to accomplish that came form the forums here and the SL knowledge base and wiki, plus reading countless articles in people's blogs online. Here's the most recent me...

truth clementine front_001.png

I didn't really build stuff in the first few years, so I had humanish bits I'd picked up. After I started building, I figured out how tinies worked. I had a basic tiny mushroom avatar done within a week and never looked back. I don't change out of my purple mushroom much, other than to test things. I do sometimes put on a silly hat or change colour (I wore a red Santa mushroom for Christmas). But I like being a mushroom.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4687 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.