Sentinel of Sound - Coming to Second Life - Looking for home venue/club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there!

My name is Reco Wray and I LOVE TECHNO.

Sentinel of Sound, is a techno show that i produce and upload to youtube Bi-monthly, i try to release on the 15th and the last day of the month. The music within each episode is found daily on the internet from a very large pool of fresh music from our wonderful community around the world. I started SOS because of a huge issue within the techno scene in Los Angeles, which is the pyramid scheme. (40 dj's and 6 stages in a 6 hour span is insane!) << these shows are a plague to the dj's and producers who are trying to get a following and not get run over by the greed of others. I am currently working on gaining a following for a specific sound i am trying to harness, which i called Foundational Techno. These episodes started small, roughly an hour long but soon i realized there were TONS of backlogged tracks if the show was only an hour long. I ended up giving in and letting the length not be defined until the last day of each quarry term. With that being said, Sos has reached up to 5 hours in a single episode, and i LOVE IT. i am here for that indeed!

Each episode is recorded once, The only post production is the video with no alteration to the original audio. I want the listener to hear my mistakes as if we are together live. the setlist is a rough outline that i prepare briefly before recording. the bpm ranges from 120-150 through the whole mix, gradually increasing. These mixes are great for long sessions, working out, gaming, driving etc.

I want to step up my game a bit, per say.

I am looking for a club/venue that would host Sentinel of Sound Bi-Monthly releases. Host a recording party. This is an attempt to get more reach within the second life community. Streaming on twitch is a possibility as well. The way a normal recording day usually plays out the same. Early morning the last day of releases are uploaded and sorted. All music is purchased on the 15th/last day of the month, usually by 3am. by 6am, a short list is made of all music in the mix and a final skim over each track to verify fluidity, this step also helps with the information required for my youtube upload. Nap! a fresh mind for a long mix is extremely recommended. I am open to setting a specific time for the recording to commence, but as far as length of mix is concerned, that is unknown until the day of.

My experience in second life as a dj has been with a few clubs, none worth mentioning due to a number of reasons. Which is why i believe coming to the forums is better than looking around in game. My goal is to connect with people from all over the world. Show others what i am capable of and willing to do for my vision. Shed light to those who might find second life to be a place they love as well. Sentinel of Sound is currently on episode 17 and i hope to have someone excited about this project as i am.

My youtube channel - where i upload Sos and have a few older songs of mine.

I am on Spotify under Reco Wray, but thoes songs are a totally different project that i will get back to soon!

I am open to all discussions of the future pertaining to second life and SoS.

I appreciate all your patience and understanding. 

It is hard to find good Techno dance places. The Ministry of Trance was my favorite. It has been replaced by The Ministry of Trance 2... I think a step down in its music.

You've been around long enough to know how find Techno places. So, I suggest you post in Jobs Wanted or whatever that section of the forum is named...

You are new to the forum. You may find it disappointing for your purpose. There are only a couple of thousand people active in the forum.

You might try contacting some of the Lindens that promote SL and see what they recommend. Read through the Events section of the forum.

• Like 1

I will take advantage of this amazing opportunity!

so as i read it, i translate it to, im requesting funding and recourses to build my own art expo. This in my mind would include being able to build a venue. This excites me and drives me to learn more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.