Streaming not working Mac OSX M1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI all.

I have a 2020 MacBook Pro 13" Running Monterey 12.0.1,  Apple M1 chip,  16GB RAM. Okay, that's the spec.

My problem is that Streaming music will not play on the most updated viewer (Second Life version 6.5.3.568554 (6.5.3.568554)). Plays fine on my WIndows 11 Intel based  machine on the same network but no joy with the Mac. Viewer seems stable otherwise, and plays in world sounds fine. Anyone else have this experience? Any suggestions? 
either 
In addition, updates won't work (Can't load a new version when the modal dialog comes up from the viewer Login screen. Problem with the version of Python installed by default on the OS, so if there are any tips or tricks I can use to get around that as well. For my day to day work I use  either an Anaconda virtual environment or a Python venv, but not sure I want to override the system Python as this might break a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

There is a lot of chatter regarding Macs on the "Digital Performer" forums, D.A.W recording software made by M.O.T.U.
I am sure you would find an answer there. I don't use anything Mac so that's all I can think of.
There are some very heavyweight producers who frequent those forums who have been all Mac since day 1.
 DP 0 to 11 was first made for Macs only but they're coming to their senses now.   
 Thank goodness. 8^)

On 4/15/2022 at 2:37 PM, Coffee Pancake said:

2020 M1 Macbook Air (8gb) in GOLD (omg) Same SL version as you (official viewer)

Streaming parcel media plays just fine for me.

I've yet to do anything weird with the machine that would change or break the default environment or how SL media works.

Sorry for the off topic, but do you find the Official Viewer preforms pretty well on your Macbook Air? I just bought the same, and tried Catznip and not so much in the way of Performance. 😑

Edited by Myntz Mysterious
typo

59 minutes ago, Myntz Mysterious said:

Sorry for the off topic, but do you find the Office Viewer preforms pretty well on your Macbook Air? I just bought the same, and tried Catznip and not so much in the way of Performance. 😑

The official viewer has a lot of LL performance improvements that the current Catznip doesn't have, we just have our own .. so I'm pretty confident that when we get theirs merged in we will be significantly faster still. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The official viewer has a lot of LL performance improvements that the current Catznip doesn't have, we just have our own .. so I'm pretty confident that when we get theirs merged in we will be significantly faster still. 

I was confused about the "we" and didnt even realize you are on the development team until I looked at the Catznip Wiki page. 😆

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.