using a different texure on LOD Models (static)

Dagmar Kohime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings All.

I am working on a gazebo floor and trying to figure out how to use a texture on the LOD models that is not being used by the main model.

I want to go from 3 textureable faces / 3 textures in the main model to 1 textureable face using a texture that the main model is not using.  I've seen this done most often with trees, where the lower LOD is 2-3 crossed planes with an image of the complete tree as its texture.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Texturable faces graphic2.png

This works as expected for me in Firestorm. High LOD file has 4 triangles with 4 materials, called "mat0" to "mat3", with the white mat3 face "hidden" under the other 3. Low LOD file has the first 3 triangles and their assigned material slots deleted, leaving a single triangle with "mat3" assigned to it.

I have no idea why it would be failing for you, perhaps the uploader log can give some insight into what's wrong (materials on a lower LOD must be a subset of the preceding one, so it's okay to have faces 0, 1, 2 and 3 on highest LOD, faces 0 and 3 on the next LOD, and face 3 on the last LOD, but it is *not* okay to go from, say, 0, 1, 2, 3 to 0, 3 to 0, 1: 0, 1 is not a subset of 0, 3.

matsubset.png

Firestorm has special code in the uploader that helps with this. The Linden viewer does not support this, though. With the Linden Viewer all materials on the High LOD must be present on all other LOD models as well.

In Firestorm you only need to have all the materials present in the High LOD. So, also that one material that would be used for the lowest. The lower LODs can be any subset of the materials present in the High LOD. They don't need to be present in the LOD above actually.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 811 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.