Missing Meshes Or Artifact Of Storage/Compression?

Codex Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

image.thumb.png.901e144eb201c798a1f00b0679c713e6.png

Weirdest thing ever.

I've had images that I haven't used in a long time (or by anyone else) come up as very blurry and unusable after a certain amount of time, and I theorized that it was because perhaps SL servers extra-compress unused images to save space, etc...

Now I'm getting missing meshes, either by themselves or as part of a prefab build that was stored (and probably didn't access really) for a solid 2 years at least.

Now that I'm pulling them out of inventory into the world, some of them are exhibiting this behaviour, but other pieces that have been accessed recently (or listed on marketplace) are not doing this.
Anyone else have this problem or noticed it?

*** logged out and logged back in, same result.

*** the prefab foundation on the right did appear as missing meshes, but then DID load in, but a minute later! ***

*** other meshes have appeared like this and stay that way

*** i am rezzing in a premium sandbox

As below; sometimes not so random but specific to a particular mesh, and not to others! :/

image.thumb.png.a44b06e0a4d92c579d1de4331504b2f1.png

Edited by entity0x

3 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

AFAIK this is usually a viewer rather than a server problem. The mesh exists in world, but your viewer isn't showing it to you correctly.

Because the viewer is stuck waiting on important information about the object that will never come.

SL objects are a trail of breadcrumbs .. miss a breadcrumb and it's all for nothing.

Otherwise known as packet loss.

• Like 2

Okay, cuz I thought I was losing my mind on this. It only happened with certain objects, and not across the board.

I'd go home and rez it there.. same thing. different sandboxes, same thing lol.. Firestorm SL Viewer.. was doing the same thing.

Weird pulling out stuff that was half-rezzed hasn't happened to me my entire time in SL.

Seems to be working now, so thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.