Can i wear the torso of an avatar and the legs of another?

cuadril

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello there! i just wanted to ask if you can somehow wear different bodyparts from different avatars/stuff in your inventory, since i know you can attach different heads to other torsos i thought maybe this would be possible, i found a pretty cool avatar but i thought i would look better if it had the legs of another avatar i have and before experimenting with it i just wanted to ask it here.

I know most avatars have HUDS that lets you hide certain bodyparts and i was curious if that would be a potential way to go about it?

The body i'm talking about is the ONA kobold.

That being said, to anyone replying to this, thank you in advance!!

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, cuadril said:

Hello there! i just wanted to ask if you can somehow wear different bodyparts from different avatars/stuff in your inventory, since i know you can attach different heads to other torsos i thought maybe this would be possible, i found a pretty cool avatar but i thought i would look better if it had the legs of another avatar i have and before experimenting with it i just wanted to ask it here.

I know most avatars have HUDS that lets you hide certain bodyparts and i was curious if that would be a potential way to go about it?

The body i'm talking about is the ONA kobold.

That being said, to anyone replying to this, thank you in advance!!

Yes and no.

You really have to try it out, preferably with demos.

I have seen some of the weirdest combinations magically work when I thought there would be compatibility issues.

You mentioned the kobold body, but what other body's legs are you trying to use it with?

• Thanks 1

You can certainly try, but unless the two bodies are specifically designed to go together (as is the case with most body/head combinations), it won't be seamless.

The Kobold will be especially difficult because its shape is radically different from any other body. Usually seams can be hidden with other attachments, but this case is probably too extreme.

• Thanks 1

Oooof i guess it just means i'll either have to live with the fact that it may not be possible or just experiment with it... either way, thanks to the people who replied, i'll definitely try to see if i can do it but i don't have that much faith it will work lol. I just made this post because i like the overall shape of the Kobold body but i kinda wanted to change it's hands and it's feet to see if i can combine it with other clothes i already have.

I guess the most easy combination/alteration would be just changing the head but i just wanted to know if it was possible with other bodyparts... oh well, time to experiment baby!!

17 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Yes and no.

You really have to try it out, preferably with demos.

I have seen some of the weirdest combinations magically work when I thought there would be compatibility issues.

You mentioned the kobold body, but what other body's legs are you trying to use it with?

Thanks for the answer!! 

And other than the kobold i have the kemono body and the sp anthro body to try and make some interesting combinations, again, i know these body shapes greatly differ from each other but i just wanted to change their hands and feet for the most part... i have a few other heads too that i definitely want to try with the kemono body too (m4 chipmunk,m4 bakemono,etc)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.