moving platform to carrying an object

Marcin Pang

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wanted to make a moving platform. Send this platform to object (which I know the exact location and ID), and the platform takes the object will carry it to another place (clearly defined position, or it may be another object), and there leave.

Has anyone an idea how to do it? What simpler the better;)

You'll need to be able to script the object that's to be moved by the platform (as well as scripting the platform itself, of course).

There are a bunch of ways to make this happen, but the choice of which ones may be acceptable depends on one major consideration:

Which part of the motion will be observed, and how should it look?  I mean, no matter how you do it, it's more difficult (and laggier) to move an object or objects gradually, so the motion looks natural, than to just poof them from point to point instantaneously.

One thing I might add is that you could do this with physical objects, if you want smoothness and realism, just bear in mind that physical scripts don't really stand up too well to lag, and they can be a little unpredictable, so build in plenty of contingency (i.e., ensure object a actually collides with object B). 

As Qie rightly says, there are plenty of ways to achieve it, but your trade off is how good you want it to look and how reliably you want it to operate. 

Feel free to contact me in-world if you want some help with this - I do quite a bit of this sort of thing. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.