Wanted: mesh objects with planar mapping.

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm working on some rendering stuff, and for test purposes, I need some useful mesh objects with planar texture mapping to test against. Not just cubes, cylinders, etc -  I have the basics.  If you have any you can give me, I'd appreciate copies. Thanks.

8 hours ago, animats said:

I'm working on some rendering stuff, and for test purposes, I need some useful mesh objects with planar texture mapping to test against. Not just cubes, cylinders, etc -  I have the basics.  If you have any you can give me, I'd appreciate copies. Thanks.

I'm afraid that, because of the current state of planar mapping, really no complex mesh object has been made with planar mapping in a decent visual state, and therefore avoided like the plague in favor of the reliable uv mapping...

On a side note, you may want to take a look at external tools triplanar mapping, and how those solve the problem of the transitions between normals directions differences.

At least Maya and 3dsMax have it, I can't remember Blender though, but it's a so basic mapping feature that I'm sure it's got that as well

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.