How do $0L Ads work?

NardweBones

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently went ahead and purchased an Ad for a product I have that seems to be the most popular item people are "buying". I am curious where this ad shows up, how often, and if it is worth it (In regards to getting more Total Views, and Total Purchases)

Given its only be roughly a day since setting this up I have not seen any increase on Views or Purchases for the item, I suspect in a week to get at-least 10 purchases for it to be worth the traffic as when compared to how many days the item has been out before purchasing the ad as well as how many sale it has had made in the past.

What should I expect regarding traffic for this item? Should I expect only 1-2 clicks within a 7 day period, should I expect the view count on the item to go up at all? 

Edit: So I found the section that shows how many Impressions it has; so it defiantly is getting seen somewhere which is good!

From My Marketplace drop down menu at the top to Merchant Home under Reports for Listing Enhancements shows what I was wondering

Edited by NardweBones
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Greetings, NardweBones!

Product Listing Enhancements for the L$0 cart checkout ads page are those that are shown when anyone purchases content through the Marketplace and the Order Total is 0L$

You can see some of the items with the Enhancement by "buying" a free/0L$ item yourself. 

When you process the order, there is an extra page that it shown that has those items with the 0L$ checkout page Listing Enhancement on them. 

Impressions on any Product Listing Enhancement is the number of times the item has been shown on the chosen section. 

Click Throughs are how many times someone has seen your listing in the Featured Section and clicked on it to open the actual product listing. 

How many impressions and click throughs you should expect depends on the number of items that are also sharing the same Listing Enhancement, how many times that web page with the Enhanced Listings is loaded, and the how popular or unique your item may be. 

As an example, if you are selling a couch, you may find that you get more click throughs if you choose a Category Landing Page PLE for the item, and then choose one of the following options for the Landing Page:  Furniture,  Living Room Furniture, or Couches (these are sub-categories under the Home & Garden category)

If you are selling a couch, targeting potential buyers who are looking for items in the main Furniture, or Living Room Furniture, and even Couches, categories will ensure that users who are looking for those types of items are more likely to click on ad for a couch, whereas if you choose to use another category, like Avatar Accessories - Glasses for the landing page may not result in as many click throughs for the listing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.