System Avatar makeup within skin-edit tab: am I doing something wrong?

Helen Somerset

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am having a peculiar problem that not many might overlook or care enough to notice, or I might be the only one experiencing this. I don't know. 

For a little while I have been having some problems with the system avatar makeup, specifically the makeup options WITHIN the skin 'edit' tab. When selecting an appropriate opacity for eyeshadow, a colour for liner or blush, everything is looking simply cute. After hitting save, it all seems to bake into a black soup mess and fall apart.

Is this something that an update has undone? Will it ever be fixed, or should I need to continue with third-party store makeups via tattoo layers?

Is it viewer-side? Am I doing something wrong?

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

Edited by Helen Somerset

2 answers to this question

Sorry, I have no idea. But you are the only SL user I've encountered who actually makes and edits her own skins with the Appearance controls.

Pretty much everyone else uses a pre-made skin that is No Modify. They simply look about ten thousand times better.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Sorry, I have no idea. But you are the only SL user I've encountered who actually makes and edits her own skins with the Appearance controls.

Pretty much everyone else uses a pre-made skin that is No Modify. They simply look about ten thousand times better.

It must seem especially strange. It's true, but there is something about the original look that is sometimes really appealing.

I do have mesh heads and bodies, but if I'm feeling plain, I might switch to them. 

I hope the issue is fixed, however. I surely can't be the only one who does use it time-to-time.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.